Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gold Plating

Here is a picture of a couple of pickups I just plated with 24 carat gold / cobalt mix. They look really good, also the added cobalt significantly reduces the plating wearing off over time.




I also have some pictures of my prototype for the Series 2 guitar - its come out really nice - the prototype is in a cross between Cherry & Tobacco sunburst - its got a really vintage vibe, but a great modern look with the neck & headstock. Also just finishing the body's for a matched pair of guitars - a Strat and a Tele. Both have 1 piece mahogany body's and capped with spalted maple with a slight vintage tint. I will also post some pictures of them over the next few days. Thanks to everyone who has taken the survey - it is proving to be very useful for my future design considerations.

Finally, the next few weeks are going to really busy so if you email me & I dont get back to you right away, please bear with me, I will answer all emails when I have a chance. Everyone who has pre-ordered a guitar will be contacted shortly before each guitar is ready to ship. Thanks for all the support & check back soon for the new pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment