Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lemmy's Bass and Guilfest 2009

It has been a very busy couple of weeks here - last week Tim Butcher brought in Lemmys Bass for a quick "tune up" - We stripped the hardware and re-plated it in 24 Carat gold, rebuilt the tuners, installed a 3 way micro switch for the electronics, fret dress and cleaned her up.

Last Friday I was invited up to Guilfest 2009 with Motorhead to see my Series 2 guitar in action - Phil used it for the opening and for Power during the gig - great time meeting all the crew and spending some time with Lemmy. Thanks to Phillip for keeping me company for the trip up - took me a few days to get over it....

Here are a few pictures of the bass before we did the work:








Here is Daniel my son playing the Bass when we had it finished:



1 comment: