Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Custom Built Les Paul

I have just finished building this guitar for a customer - here are the specifications:

Solid Mahogany Body
Flame Maple Cap on the Front
Flame Maple Neck in Natural High Gloss Finish
Strengthened Neck to Headstock Area
Tree of Life Inlay on Rosewood Fretboard (Mother of Pearl, Green Abalone, Red Abalone)
Bare Knuckle Pickups (Abraxxas) with Master Push Pull
CTS Pots, Sprague Orange Drop Cap's, Fully Shielded
"Debbie" inlay on the headstock

The guitar came out really nice - I am very happy with the guitar, as is its new owner. I just got a £2,500 Gibson Les Paul Supreme in for a repair, I would not hesitate put mine up against it for looks, playability, sound etc.

The Finished Guitar:


With Zebras installed:

Headstock Inlay:

Flame Maple Neck:

Nice Flame:

Very Rough back of Headstock (Note the joint)

Raw front of the guitar after black stain:

Raw Neck - no frets as yet:
I am so happy with this guitar I am going to do a small run of 12 instruments - please contact me if you are interested in one as further customisation and personalisation is available. Looking at completion prior to Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment